Why Use Warehousing and Distribution Services?
Outsourcing parts of the business process has become an effective way for firms to cut costs. According to Deloitte, 59% of businesses surveyed said the reason behind their choice to outsource a business process was to save money.
Warehousing and distribution processes can take a toll on businesses in terms of cost. If the process is not streamlined, it can even result in failure. Instead of this aspect weighing down your business, a smart solution is to outsource the process and let the experts handle it.
How Does Outsourcing Warehousing and Distribution Services Help Your Business?
By outsourcing, warehousing and fulfillment businesses adopt a forward-thinking approach that will benefit them in numerous different ways. Storing and delivering products is expensive and time-consuming. So why not outsource the process to a trusted third party? Here are some reasons you should consider:
- Expertise: Fulfillment service providers, such as The Brimich Group, give businesses the option of letting experts manage their supply chain. It presents them with the option of not worrying about hiring a team and training them to handle such tasks in-house. The service provider has a team of experts that handle warehouse and logistics tasks on a daily basis to take care of your organization’s needs. This way you have better service, quicker turn-around, and reduced fulfillment rates.
- Technology: There is a lot of technology that needs to be employed when it comes to warehouse inventory and transportation. Businesses must buy and deploy management software, so they have complete control of the supply chain and logistics. When outsourcing, you don’t need to worry about this as your service provider will have the right technology in place. They will also give you access to this data, so you know what is being shipped and where it’s being delivered.
- Cost-effective: From human resources, software, machinery, to other types of equipment, keeping a warehouse in order is costly. It is an investment that may not be possible for most small and even medium-sized businesses. That is without even taking into account maintaining everything. With a third-party, your business doesn’t have to worry about any of these costs, all you must do is pay a fixed price and have the provider take care of the rest.
Questions to Ask When Picking a Service Provider
Now that you are aware of the benefits of warehousing and fulfilment services, you are probably wondering how to select the right provider? Here are some things you should consider when making your decision:
- How many years have they been in business?
- What kind of industry expertise do they have?
- What technology do they employ, and will they give you access to keep track of your inventory and deliveries?
- Does it operate 24/7?
- What safety measures are used and is the storage safe?
- Where is the warehouse located?
- Do they meet all your storage requirements?
- What kind of leasing terms do they have?
These are some question you want to ask the service provider to get a better idea of what they offer, helping you determine if the provider is right for you.
Whether your business is facing issues with warehousing and distribution or you are just looking to cut costs, outsourcing to a reliable service provider is a great solution. It removes the headaches of this money-consuming process, freeing you to improve other areas of your business.
Are you having trouble tracking and properly organizing your inventory? Maybe you need a bit more space than what’s currently available in your warehouse?
Wasp Barcode’s survey shows that 46% of small businesses in the US manually track their inventory or don’t even track it at all. These results are rather surprising because the warehousing process is one of the most vital parts of your business. For your business to function smoothly, you need to make sure your warehouse is in order. Otherwise, you will come across many issues such as:
- Disorganized inventory
- Storage space issues with no clear storage process
- Late shipment of orders
- And much more
All in all, a disorganized warehouse leads to the possibility of losing your business. Therefore, you need to make sure your warehouse is in order, leading to a more successful business. Don’t worry, you don’t have to take this stress on yourself, there are plenty of companies out there that provide warehouse solutions, taking care of all your warehousing needs.
Why Should Your Business Opt For Warehouse Services?
Besides the fact that warehousing solutions take away the headache of properly storing and keeping track of your inventory, there are numerous other benefits in opting for a third-party warehouse solution.
They Have Trained Professionals
The company you select will have trained and competent staff in terms of warehousing. They will know their roles and responsibilities to ensure your inventory is properly organized and stocked. This also means you don’t have to worry about hiring and training staff on your own to maintain a warehouse, saving you a lot of money.
They Have the Right Equipment and Technology
When it comes to stocking and retrieving inventory, there is a need for a large amount of equipment and technology. From a forklift to inventory tracking software, there are a lot of processes in place to ensure the warehouse functions properly. With a warehouse management firm, you can rest assured they have the right processes and technology in place to ensure your inventory is stocked properly. These firms also keep track of your inventory, minimizing delays in orders being fulfilled.
They Have Ample Storage Space
Storage space can sometimes be a problem when managing your own warehouse. As the business grows, so does the need for storage space. So rather than investing in a warehouse, a smarter decision is to go with a third-party warehouse storage firm. You can always revise your warehouse package as your business and storage space needs grow.
Picking the Right Warehouse Solution For Your Business
When it comes to outsourcing any part of your business, selecting the right organization can be a lengthy process. Don’t worry though, we have you covered. The Brimich Group can handle all your warehousing needs with over 50 years of experience in warehouse management.
From the right equipment to the best professional logistics services, they are the solution you need. They also strategize a warehouse plan tailored to fit your needs, so your business faces no downtime or issues. Give them a call today and get started with the right warehouse services.